Reality First - Combat, Violence and Aggession

Teaching of combat and violence for stage and fight direction, based upon the teachings of John Waller, which have been used for over 40 years. This approach has been used by a number of fight teachers and directors. It is currently actively being taught by Jonathan Waller, Kristina Soeborg, Rodney Cottier, Jonathan Mitchell as well as many others, in the UK, and across the world from Italy to Mexico...

Friday 14 June 2013

I'm not very co-ordinated... I'm clumsy

Students will often claim this when they find a move difficult or when they take time to improve areas of body structure etc.
They will often use it as a justification for why things don't change or improve.

If one asks them why they think they are clumsy the general response it that they bump in to things or drop stuff. I ask them if other people don't? Of course we all bump in to stuff and drop things. But some people get told they are clumsy when they do this and so they start to believe it and attach the label to themselves

Of course some people do do these things more often but in this case it more often than not die to Awareness or rather its sporadic application .

However the label of clumsy is easy as if I can say I am clumsy then it is something I am, not something I am responsible for, something that I can change.

We can all make claim to some defect or other, however there are very few things that can not be changed or over some with the will and a focus and mindset to make it happen


No comments:

Post a Comment